Don't be caught off guard!
It is always a good idea to keep basic supplies on hand throughout the year in case of power outage or some other short-term emergency, but hurricane season is makes it more vital!
In addition to the checklists here, keep in mind to keep in mind:
- Know your evacuation route and alternates.
- Keep your gas tank full! You don't know how long the stations may be dry.
- Get a mobile charging device. They can cost as little as $5, but as with anything, you get what you pay for, but at least you'll have a full extra charge or 2 for your cell phone.
- Scan copies of vital docs and email them to yourself on an email you can access from anywhere (Hotmail, Gmail, etc.). Keep the originals in a heavy ziplock or water-proof container.
- Get your mobile banking app installed.
The more prepared you and your family and business are the less stressed out everyone will be and better positioned mentally to help those who need it.
Good luck and call us when it blows over to assess your current insurance and flood policy needs!